... By Wanda Fisher.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Search My Heart Oh Lord


There is a constant cleansing going on in our lives as we walk in the light of the Lord. The Lord’s light is like a searchlight revealing us to us. He shows us every spot and wrinkle – penetrating into the deepest depths of our soul. We will be appalled at the things that will be exposed as God continues to probe our very being. The old nature tries to hide. But the Holy Spirit knows just where to look revealing envy, jealousy, pride, inordinate relationships and every kind of evil. The Lord knows how to back us into a corner and tip our cup allowing us to see what spills out of us and rarely is it pretty.

When God exposes that old nature we need to be quick to repent and confess our sins and the blood of Jesus will be released, cleansing us from all unrighteousness. It will always be a choice as to whether we will walk in the light as He is in the light. If we choose to go on, God will leave no stone unturned to make us look like Jesus.



Psalms 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting


2 comments:

  1. And occasionally, as we grow spiritually, our lives will be jostled and we will surprisingly see that we have had a change. That our prayer to be changed to be like Christ has been answered. The natural response of anger, desire for revenge, and resentment is not there. The truth that people are more important than things has become a part of our core and the previously hurtful thing seems no big deal. What a source of praise to see what Jesus has done in us. But, don't be lulled into complacency. Remain on guard for the old responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grandma ..When you talk about anxieties..is that along the same lines as worrying?? I catch myself worrying about things I can't control sometimes, feels good to just release it and ask for peace

    ReplyDelete