... By Wanda Fisher.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Forgetting Those Things That Are Behind


The river of life does not flow in two directions but continues to flow forward. When times become rough we too often stagnant as we look backward wishing for the old days.  God does not want us to revisit the past for the past is done and although it may contribute to good memories and lessons learned, that is yesterday. When we set our hand to the plow we are to continue to move forward. Each experience along life’s pathway has something new to teach us.

Many times we will be tempted to stay in a comfortable place, or return to the familiar. The Apostle Paul says, “…forgetting those things that are behind…I press towards the goal….” Are we guilty of saying, “How can things possibly be as good as they once were?” If we will lift up our eyes to each new horizon we will discover the Holy Spirit will lead us to new ground. God will give us exactly what we need to allow Him to complete Himself in us. We are always to walk forward.



Philippians 3:12-14
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected, but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment